Through studying Media and Communication at Degree level, I have expanded my skills and experience and consider myself to be an excellent communicator and enthusiastic about things I am passionate about.
Previous Employment/Work Experience
- Scratch Radio: Head of Music Promotion April 2017 – present
- The National Student Magazine: Writer February 2017 – present
- Hooting and Howling Magazine: Contributor October 28th 2016 – present
- Birmingham Promoters: Gig Rep March 2017 – April 2017
- Scratch Radio: Presenter September 2015 – March 2017
- Connect PR Agency: PR account executive May 2016
- The Glee Club: Bar Staff September 2016 – April 2017
- Lound Hall Care Home: Kitchen Assistant (bank) July 2016 – September 2016
- Birmingham City University 2015 – 2018:
Undergraduate in Media and Communication BA Hons
- McAuley Catholic High School 2008 – 2015:
A-Level: Media Studies, English Language, German, Psychology
GCSE: 11 GCSE’s grade A-C including English and Maths, German, French and Art
- Communication – radio show and cattery job and festival volunteer: communication with customers, answering queries and worries and ensuring things are done appropriately. Record label: contacting artists, approaching people and venues for partnership has strengthened my communication skills
- Team Work – summer school team building exercises, created a record label and hosted an event along with other event organisation which required team work
- Leadership – as previously stated in the events I’ve hosted, a leader role was taken by me in terms of organisation and ensuring everything was completed correctly
- Organisation – radio show (playlist, topics, on time), owning an independent record label and hosting music events in my spare time with organising bands, equipment etc.
- Customer Service – Cattery job and festival volunteer;
- Punctual – previous employment required prompt starts. Radio show needed preparing an hour in advance. Event planning required a lot of organisation and punctuality
I hold a valid UK driving licence and speak German due to previously living there in my childhood.
I enjoy attending concerts and festivals, as well as taking an interest in the latest fashion and make-up trends. I have taken an interest in photography, particularly fashion photography which I will be pursuing this year at University.
I have recently set up my own music blog with the aim to review and interview bands mostly of the indie rock genre but generally focusing on up and coming artists – COMING SOON